Chasing Dreams Mall Extravaganza
Sunday, June 15
10:00 am The Museum opens — FREE all day and open until 8:30 pm
2:00 pm The outdoor festivities begin
9:00 pm Field of Dreams outdoor screening
We’re taking it outside for this fun family day on Independence Mall featuring games, arts and crafts, meet-and-greets with MLB personalities, music, and more!
At the Museum – come on in!
The Museum and Chasing Dreams will be FREE and open late — explore our groundbreaking special exhibition through a self-guided family tour, share your favorite baseball memories in the Museum’s It’s Your Story recording booths, interact with Koufax on the Koncourse, and more!
Specific times and additional details will be posted here as they become available.
- Meet former MLB players, including former Philadelphia Phillie Thomas Greene, who was part of the 1993 National League Championship and World Series team
- Get the whole family up and dancing with live music from Philadelphia Funk Authority, Alex & the Kaleidoscope Band, and the DJ-led dance party sensation, Baby Loves Disco
- Test your arm with the speed pitch challenge, practice your swing with the t-ball challenge, play virtual baseball and other baseball-themed carnival games, create arts and crafts, stop by the photo booth, get your face painted, and sample some of Philly’s favorite food trucks
- Bring a donation for Pitch In for Baseball – this non-profit organization will be on-site to collect new or gently-used baseball equipment that will be donated to baseball-loving kids in need around the world (a list of requested items will be posted shortly)
- The first 200 fans that come to our outdoor information booth can pick up their FREE Chasing Dreams mini-beach balls…just in time for summer
- Kids can take a shot at broadcasting the events of the day at KYW’s Kidcast booth
- Grab your blanket and stick around for an outdoor screening Field of Dreams celebrating the film’s 25th anniversary (Blankets and towels welcome, but please no chairs, glass, or alcohol! A limited number of chairs will be available)
For a full schedule of activities visit chasingdreams.nmajh.org/extravaganza
Sponsors and Partners – thank you!
Program sponsorship provided by Keystone Property Group and Parkway Corporation.
Media sponsorship provided by KYW Newsradio 1060
Community partner: Pitch in for Baseball
Presented in conjunction with the special exhibition Chasing Dreams: Baseball & Becoming AmericanFor a full list of Chasing Dreams programs click here.Event type:Exhibitions, Family-friendly